So I chanced upon this blog post by Thought Catalog.
Well, we all know that TC has become rather popular and many people take them as gospel truth.
Granted that some of their articles are interesting, but recently, as a comment put it, some of these posts appear to have been written by someone (Mark Saunders) who "appears to have farted on his keyboard again".
So in response to this misogynistic post, I give you my comments
1. Female privilege is being able to walk down the street at night without people crossing the street because they’re automatically afraid of you.
2. Female privilege is being able to approach someone and ask them out without being labeled “creepy.”
3. Female privilege is being able to get drunk and have sex without being considered a rapist. Female privilege is being able to engage in the same action as another person but be considered the innocent party by default.
4. Female privilege is being able to turn on the TV and see yourself represented in a positive way. Female privilege is shows like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond where women are portrayed as attractive, competent people while men are shown as ugly, lazy slobs.
5. Female privilege is the idea that women and children should be the first rescued from any sort of emergency situation. Female privilege is saving yourself before you save others and not being viewed as a monster.
6. Female privilege is being able to decide not to have a child.
7. Female privilege is not having to support a child financially for 18 years when you didn’t want to have it in the first place.
8. Female privilege is never being told to “take it like a man” or “man up.”
9. Female privilege is knowing that people would take it as a gravely serious issue if someone raped you. Female privilege is being able to laugh at a “prison rape” joke.
9) Sorry, this is truth and please refer to the incident of Daniel Smith and Nicole, the Marine who supposedly raped this Philippina and served a stint in prison before this Philippina say, oh, I can't remember, he didn't rape me I think.
10. Female privilege is being able to divorce your spouse when your marriage is no longer working because you know you will most likely be granted custody of your children.
10) Uh. Not always but usually so because again, *blames is on le binary* women are supposedly the caretakers.
11. Female privilege is being able to call the police in a domestic dispute knowing they will take your side. Female privilege is not having your gender work against where police are involved.
11) Ya and in rape cases some women get slut shamed. Domestic violence can be pretty clear cut with the physical injuries no?
12. Female privilege is being able to be caring or empathetic without people being surprised.
13. Female privilege is not having to take your career seriously because you can depend on marrying someone who makes more money than you do. Female privilege is being able to be a “stay at home mom” and not seem like a loser.
13) Uh. Because you guys want us in the private, domestic sphere and make sandwiched for you and now it's also our fault. Ok
14. Female privilege is being able to cry your way out of a speeding ticket.
15. Female privilege is being favored by teachers in elementary, middle and high school. Female privilege is graduating high school more often, being accepted to more colleges, and generally being encouraged and supported along the way.
15) Not for me. You must be talking about girls that are prim, proper, polite, pretty and perfect models of what a woman should be.
16. Female privilege being able to have an opinion without someone tell you you’re just “a butthurt fedora-wearing neckbeard who can’t get any.”
16) Women are not supposed to be sexually active and if we were we would be labelled sluts. Our worth isn't tagged to the number of sexual partners or favours we get. How would you like it if I asked you to man up now?
17. Female privilege is being able to talk about sexism without appearing self-serving.
17) Eh. There are male feminists.
18. Female privilege is arrogantly believing that sexism only applies to women.
18) EHHH Sums up why feminist exists in bringing down both male and female binaries.
View the response by another Thought Catalog author herehttp://thoughtcatalog.com/isla-sofia/2014/04/18-reasons-why-the-concept-of-female-privilege-is-insane/