2013-04-08

Kutsuwa Erasers!

Hi!

A quick review on Kutsuwa Eraser Kits~
I'm sure many of you have seen it before, so here's a review for you.



As I didn't have a microwave oven, I transported my already sculpted erasers to a nuke them. These are from the Doughnut and Ice Cream kit.

There is a table at the corner of the instruction sheet. Even if you do not understand Japanese, you can simply compare the Japanese labeling of the image of the macaron for example, and then compare to the words in the table. As for the Watts and duration of nuking, just look at the Arabic numerical. Very straight forward, just need a tad of brain power, but very do-able. So no excuses! :D

I tried dropping the clay into the hot water removed from the microwave, but it didn't seem to be hot enough to 'cook' the clay. But perhaps if I actually boiled it, it may work out! 

(´A`。)

Some turned out badly because there were cracks IN the clay. So when you are sculpting them, remember to squeeze the clay into a tight ball, making sure that there is no air in the clay.

Those with multiple parts like the tart on the right may fall apart. Now it's like an Iwako puzzle eraser!

The erasers DO work pretty well and I love the vibrant colours. The eraser dusts sticks together (and are colourful as well xD )

Yummy! 

I bought the kits from Love Melancholy as usual.

Conclusion
(+) Colourful DIY erasers that actually work
(+) Molds are reusuable with clay 
(+) Easy and clear instructions, even if in Japanese(-) Some bits may fall apart
(-) May be slightly costly for a small eraser

Hope this helps you decide your purchase!
It's definitely worth a buy for me as I love the molds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...